Saturday, February 27, 2010

How do I care for my vehicles Teflon coated paint?

Hi,





I just purchased a 2007 Tacoma and Toyota put their ';finishing touch'; spray on the exterior paint. I think it is a teflon based protectant. Anyways, it is supposed to protect the paint from the elements. My question is, is there anything I need to do to care of this coating? How about washing? Is it safe to use automotive detergent or will it strip the sealant? How about waxing? Will that srtip it? Thanks for the help!





MitchellHow do I care for my vehicles Teflon coated paint?
Paint protection sold by a dealer is nothing more than car wax--they say it has Teflon in it to sound good 'cause everyone thinks nothing will stick to Teflon. It may have Teflon in it but basically you're paying for the warranty...waste of money in my opinion. Check the wording of the warranty---some of them require you to reapply the wax periodically and you should be able to get more wax at the dealer at no charge....other ones just require that you rewax as normal. Just buy a good quality wax and rewax when the water does not bead up on the car....wash as usual with any good car wash soap not dish soap. Next time, save the 400.00 for a good buff job or detail once a year.How do I care for my vehicles Teflon coated paint?
Do you think or do you know for a fact that it is Teflon based? Hope you know that you just got raped by the dealer. They basically just do a wax job on the paint that you paid $400 for.
go back to the dealer and find the salesman who told you this and well i don't know if that s a good idea . can you say i just got scamed...
PAUL IS CORRECTLY RIGHT, THAT CRAP THAT THEY SELL AT THE DEALERSHIPS IS NOTHING MORE THAN YOU CAN BUY FROM THE AUTO PARTS STORE, BUT REMEMBER TO BUY A QUALITY WAX.

No comments:

Post a Comment