Thursday, February 25, 2010

Does the one coat guarantee Kilz paint work?

Yes, as long as you are painting a light color over a light color. I used it in my kitchen. I painted ';dried fava'; over ivory and it worked great! If you are trying to paint a light color over a dark on I would first us a coat of primer and then you should only need one coat of paint. If you are painting a dark color over a light one you should have the primer tinted the same color as your paint color. I used this techniques when painting my living room red. I only needed one coat of primer and 2 coats of paint instead of the standard 5+ coats you usually need when painting dark colors.Does the one coat guarantee Kilz paint work?
yes, but you may need 2 coatsDoes the one coat guarantee Kilz paint work?
I used 2 coats because it was streaked.


I used it over dark paneling 2 coats %26amp; painted a light color though
Just be sure you are buying the right Kilz for your job. I bought the latex Kilz2 and had to redo the ceilings with Kilz oil based. There were smokers in the house and the Kilz2 didn't cover the smoke damage. Kilz 2 will also not cover water stains either
as long as you are not painting over lead based paint yes it does.
Pretty much. And if not, hey... guarantee!
yes if it is sealing and the color over it is deeper then the color your painting over.
I give it a 5 1/2
You can have it tinted close to the color you are going to paint over it. Also, the oil based Kilz works best (tint it), but it is very smelly. Make sure it is well vented and you may need a respirator!

No comments:

Post a Comment