Tuesday, February 23, 2010

How can I best wash my walls? The landlord used cheap paint or maybe it's just a base coat but I like to wash

the walls at least once a month to remove all the fingerprints that accumalate on the doors, around light switches etc, but it's like the dirt smudges have soaked into the wall or something because not everything will wash off. I currently use Mr.Clean and a liitle bleach mixed together, but it doesn't clean all dirt smudges off.How can I best wash my walls? The landlord used cheap paint or maybe it's just a base coat but I like to wash
Try White vinegar and hot water.How can I best wash my walls? The landlord used cheap paint or maybe it's just a base coat but I like to wash
Buy a bar of Octagon Soap and make a good soapy solution with water. It take some of the worst marks including ink and crayon off of wall plus cuts through grease. All you need otherwise is a good rag and elbow grease.
mr clean magic erasers work the best for walls. They take off markers,crayons,grease,and those nasty little fingerprints that you swear you got off but somehow in a different light they came back!
**** and span works good, but follow the label directions. For oily spots try a solution of TSP (tri sodium phosphate) this is available in paint or hardware stores. Just use rubber gloves to protect you hands.
Try spicnspan. Great for walls and floors.


Yahoo won't let the the word show. How weird.


I typed in a website so you will know what I mean. Yahoo won't let the web page show neither. The link is dead, no need of trying it.


Murphy's Oil is very good for walls, wood, etc.





You should not mix bleach with any other cleaning products.
Have you tried the Mr. Clean magic erasers? Everything in my house is white and I haven't had a problem yet getting all the dirt and finger smudges off my walls, doors, entryways, appliances, etc. Hope this helps.
Get a product called Soilax, usually can get it at hardware stores.
magic eraser!! It is great!
depending on HOW long you have lived there You can do 2 things really








1. if You have lived in the Flat for a very short period of time than speak to the Landlord about fresh Paint at His expense.





2. if they are Your smudges and prints Most likely You will need to Paint with a higher grade of Paint that is washable.








Most drywall is hard to wash, Most times the paint will wipe off like chalk. and leave the area you washed with a yellow tent or Gray. try calling your local Home improvement store and ask for the Paint department and they will be more than glad to help, and may even have a special cleaner.





Best of luck


Tonya
Mr. CLean Magic eraser works really well!
Try using for the dirt smudges, the Mr. Clean eraser- I've used it and loved it so much I almost went and cleaned my brothers house who has 5 kids..Thank god I came to my senses..lol Anyways if that don't seem to work try using awesome,rubber gloves,and warm water-spray the area first w/awesome,then wipe down -do it one section at a time as it will run. Both are my favorite deep cleaning item's.





oh yeah one more thing you can buy awesome at any dollar tree for a dollar. It's cheap but works!
there is a product called PST ....it works great on walls
A product called TSP is what we use in smoke and fire damage restoration, it cleans great but it sounds like you have a flat base finish on your walls, not much you can do. I would suggest re-painting with an oil base finish (washable finish), semi-gloss etc...

No comments:

Post a Comment