Tuesday, February 9, 2010

What paint and clear coat can i use on my guitar?

I have a beautiful acoustic electric guitar. I have been dying to really 'make it mine' with some painting. I am a very confident painter, so i would like to do this myself. Does anyone have any advice as to what kind of paint to use or clear coat to put on it? I am thinking about only painting the strip round the sides of the body. Have a beautiful plan in mind, but i need to be sure about what types of paints i am using as i don't want to ruin it. thank you :)What paint and clear coat can i use on my guitar?
Don't do it!





Listen to the sad story above. I can't tell you how many people have come to me after attempting this and wanting me to correct their errors only to find that it would cost them more than the value of the instrument to make right.What paint and clear coat can i use on my guitar?
I have had nothing but heartbreak trying to paint my own guitars...and I ,too am an accomplished painter.You need a proper air brush or gun, a booth and/or a professional to do what it will take you many frustrated attempts to nearly accomplish.EBay is full of do-it-yourself painted guitar projects and they all have the same description';spray bomb special';
seriosly about the clear coat, you may want to get that professionally done. paint your own stuff on there then take it to a shop to get it clear coated cause it takes a special kind of clear coat paint an gun to make a nice coat . an you can ask them if its ok to use acrylics cause that seems like a nice medium to use in this case. try an auto paint shop an have a talk with them, also theres prep work to be done so you should google ths stuff
  • computer security
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment