Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Can I do a second coat of paint with Silk Emulsion if I have already done a first coat with Matt emulsion?

First coat I have done is with a matt emulsion, I need to do a second coat, can I do it will silk or shall I keep it with matt?Can I do a second coat of paint with Silk Emulsion if I have already done a first coat with Matt emulsion?
Most of your Undercoat paints are mat, so there is no reason why you cant use any paint of your choice as your surface paint.Can I do a second coat of paint with Silk Emulsion if I have already done a first coat with Matt emulsion?
if you continue with matt one more coat should be fine,but if you do silk you will probably need to give it two coats so save your time an money an keep it matt, its a much nicer finish than silk anyway and doesnt show imperfections anywhere near as bad, ta hope it helps, matt rules
Yes you can but I suggest that you keep to the matt. Silk finish will show up any blemishes in a wall as the light catches it. A matt will look good in all lights as the blemishes will not show up.
if the silk coat is the same colour as the matt coat then fine,but if the silk coat is more than slightly different then you will end up having to put a third coat on
Yes certainly - absolutely no problem.
I have done that several times, seems to work ok.

No comments:

Post a Comment