Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Can you put wax on a new clear coat paint job on a car?

It has been painted for about 6 months? I am trying to remove swirlmirks.Can you put wax on a new clear coat paint job on a car?
You wont be able to remove the swirls without getting it repainted. Go to a reputable place next time. Or did you already wax it...? You arent supposed to wax, only wash, your car for the first couple of months because the drying of the water helps facilitate the drying of the paint and clearcoat.Can you put wax on a new clear coat paint job on a car?
Use one of those clay bars to remove the swirl marks. good luck.
Unfortunately I don't think wax will remove swirl marks. I hate swirl marks. It looks terrible when the sun hits it. It's worth a shot I'd say, but don't expect a miracle.
Best option is to have it cleared again.
you can put wax on but I doubt it will remove the swirl marks.

No comments:

Post a Comment