Thursday, February 18, 2010

How do i get wood paint off my son's coat.?

I have washed it several times but it is still there, does anyone have any good tips. Thank you .How do i get wood paint off my son's coat.?
Hi, My son got red oil based paint on a ski jacket and it dried. Thanks to the help of this girl she recommended a product called Goof Off. I got it at a Benjamin Moore paint store. She said to work it in with a tooth brush and keep applying til the paint was gone. You might have to wash it and apply it again. Just make sure you do not put the garment in the dryer till the paint is all out or else it is there forever. I was able to get the paint out thanks to her advice whereas a lot of people told me this brand new ski jacket was toast. Hope this helps.How do i get wood paint off my son's coat.?
You could try thinning the paint out with White Spirit,,,then rewash the coat,,,Good Luck,,,
Swiffy spot remover sold at MN State Fair
i suggest a bit of turpentine or white spirit if this fails try the dry cleaners
unfortunately its too late you are supposed to use these stain devil things before you wash it I now from experience as my son got yellow paint on his green school coat, but I have one in the house now just in case it ever happens again.(mind you when you ave these things in the huse nothing ever happens does it)
Stain devil

No comments:

Post a Comment