Tuesday, February 9, 2010

When applying a third coat of paint do I have to do the whole wall or just the bits that are missed?

Stupid me painted when the sun was coming through the patio doors onto the wall I was putting a second coat on, making me miss bits and pieces here and there. I was wondering if I could just touch up the middle of the wall, where it looks bad, or if I have to put a third coat over the entire wall? I'll do the whole thing if I have to, but I have a baby and whatnot so it would be easier just to touch up the rough bits. What do you think?When applying a third coat of paint do I have to do the whole wall or just the bits that are missed?
I have successfully touched up in the past, but unless the wall is huge, it may be easier just to roll out the whole thing. There should be no need to cut in on the 3rd coat, so it should go pretty fast.When applying a third coat of paint do I have to do the whole wall or just the bits that are missed?
sorry to say, but you have to do the whole wall... unless you are extremely precise, lol. It would just be easier to do the whole wall and know its all done, and done right instead of always looking at it wondering if you missed a spot:)
I would suggest you paint the whole wall,ok its a bummer.If you do paint the bits and pieces it will dry patchy.If you can use a roller its quicker by far..........good luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment