Tuesday, February 23, 2010

I want to paint my kitchen cabinets and then provide a clear coat over them?

Please provide suggestions if you have tried this. What type of finish did you choose. How do you clear coat painted cabinets. What brand of clear coat is decent? If you have pics that would be great chocolate@usa.com thanks!!!I want to paint my kitchen cabinets and then provide a clear coat over them?
I WOULD NOT CLEAR COAT AFTER PAINTING BUT INSTEAD US A MELAMINE BASED PAINT. THIS GIVES YOUR CABINETS A STRONG DURABLE FINISH. USUALLY TINTABLE TO VIRTUALLY ANY COLOR AND AS STRONG AS CLEAR COATSI want to paint my kitchen cabinets and then provide a clear coat over them?
I wouldn't bother w/ a clear coat. I'd use a gloss paint instead.
try a simple can of clear spay paint.....use at least 2 coats and then use steel wool to smooth it out
I agree with Treadsto, use glossy paint- why make double work for yourself?


Glossy paint will give you the shiny surface that a varnish would.
If you want to clear coat your cabinets, use MixWax's Polycrylic. It's water based and non yellowing.
Use a gloss or semi-gloss. Both are durable and washable. Clear coat would be a waste of time and money.

No comments:

Post a Comment